HCD Volunteer Information
Application to Volunteer for HCD
Thank you for choosing to become involved with the ASQ Healthcare Division. Having volunteers who are willing to invest their time and efforts to further the division’s goals and activities is a key to our success. Because HCD has many volunteer opportunities, we have created a worksheet to help us get to know you better and to help you understand our current needs for volunteers. We hope that you will be able to take a few minutes to complete this worksheet at this link.
HCD Leadership Committee
The following information provides brief committee/sub-committee descriptions, which are intended only to give you a general idea of their associated work.
- Audit Committee—Performs annual high-level review of division financial transactions
- PAR Sub-Committee—Provides reminders for and monitors division activities associated with the ASQ Performance Awards and Recognition system
- Nominating Committee—Performs bi-annual review of proposed nominees from petitions and recommends candidates for each open officer position
- Division Awards Sub-Committee—Consists of multiple teams, each of which conducts annual review of criteria for division-specific awards, reviews nominations, selects winners when appropriate, and coordinates the recognition process (note that members of this committee actually serve on a sub-committee that is associated with only one of the division-specific awards)
- Society Awards Sub-Committee—Conducts annual review of criteria for division-specific awards, reviews nominations, selects winners when appropriate, and coordinates the recognition process (note that members of this committee actually serve on a sub-committee that is associated with only one of the division-specific awards)
- WCQI Booth Coordination Sub-Committee—Develops annual plan for booth, solicits volunteers for booth operation during the WCQI exhibit times, verifies availability and acceptability of booth equipment and supplies, orders replaces/replenishes supplies when appropriate, ensures booth equipment and supplies are scheduled for timely shipment, ensures booth is operating properly and sufficiently stocked throughout the conference, and assists with set up and break down of the booth on-site
- WCQI Member Reception Sub-Committee—Create invitations to the event, distribute them to members and invited guests, prepare/obtain promotional give-aways for event participants, and assist with on-site event coordination.
- HBoK Content Sub-Committee—Reviews and rates articles, conference presentations, and other items for inclusion in the Healthcare Knowledge Center; revises accepted items’ abstracts when appropriate
- Major Publications Sub-Committee—Evaluates member interest for monographs, books, and other major publications. Establishes/manages publication projects, including selection of authors and contracting. Reviews and provides feedback on work in development.
- Other Publications Sub-Committee—Works with Healthcare Division leaders and ASQ staff to coordinate publication of the bi-weekly newsletter (Healthcare Update) and any other publications launched by the division.
- Certifications Sub-Committee—Develops frameworks for division-sponsored certification programs, including identification of the associated body of knowledge and creation of exam questions (note that members of this committee actually serve on a sub-committee that is associated with only one specific certification program)
- Conferences Sub-Committee—Includes teams that perform a variety of conference-related tasks, such as those described here. Selects conferences in which the division will participate or which the division will sponsor solely. Solicits potential presenters for division-supported conference presentations, reviews content for proposed presentations, and assists as necessary with presenter communications and session monitoring, when requested (note that most members of this sub-committee actually serve on a team that is associated with only one specific conference)
- Webinars Sub-Committee—Identifies potential presenters for division-sponsored webinars and reviews content for selected presentations
- Workshops Sub-Committee—Includes teams that perform a variety of workshop-related tasks, such as those described here. Selects workshops in which the division will sponsor solely or co-sponsor. Solicits potential presenters for division-supported workshops, reviews content for proposed workshops, and assists as necessary with instructor communications and session monitoring, when requested (note that most members of this sub-committee actually serve on a team that is associated with only one specific workshop)
- Examining Committee—Solicits and reviews nominees for upgrades to Fellow Member and ASQ Society-level medals and rewards
- Membership Committee—Develop brochures and other support materials for new and renewing members to increase their connection with and engagement in division offerings and activities
- Member Communications Sub-Committee—Draft communication messages to members and other key customers/stakeholders, assist with distribution of communications, and provide tracking reports on communication analytics
- Voice of the Customer Sub-Committee—Develop surveys and other tools to gather feedback from current and potential members, as well as key customers and stakeholders; assist with analysis and reporting of findings
In addition to the committees/sub-committees listed previously, the Healthcare Division has some efforts underway that address healthcare market-specific areas, such as public health, and others that are geographically oriented. Some connect with other ASQ divisions and/or Society-level committees/boards, such as the Joint Healthcare Technical Committee (Healthcare Division and Quality Management Division).